Operations Project Manager
Vice President and Chief Life/Health Actuary
INS is seeking a Health Actuary to join our Health and Life Actuarial Team.
The Health Actuary will be responsible for leading and assisting with actuarial rate reviews and financial examination projects for a variety of health products, such as: accident and sickness, long-term care, disability, major medical (ACA and non-ACA compliant), dental, vision, stop loss, and Medicare Supplement. This is a fully remote position that offers reasonable working hours flexibility and an attractive work-life balance. Both full-time and part-time opportunities will be considered.
- Review and analyze actuarial rate filings to determine compliance with applicable state and/or federal regulations and ensure that the proposed rates are reasonable in relation to the benefits provided, not excessive, not inadequate, and not unfairly discriminatory.
- Create requests for additional information when further clarification on rate filing submissions is needed.
- Negotiate rate adjustments with carriers as indicated by actuarial analysis or as requested by regulatory partners.
- Submit rate review summaries and recommendations to regulatory partners.
- Provide training and education seminars to regulators.
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, and quantifying the cost impact of insurance-related legislation.
- Collaborate with regulatory partners on all other regulatory needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (ASA/FSA)
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- Compliant with membership requirements of the Society of Actuaries and American Academy of Actuaries
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and other software/programming skills
- At least 3 years of health actuarial experience, preferably more; strong preference for actuarial pricing and rate filing experience, including experience with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Long Term Care Insurance
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills
About the INS Companies
INS Consultants, Inc. (INS) and its related companies, INS Regulatory Insurance Services, Inc. and INS Services, Inc., (collectively The INS Companies) are a regulatory consulting group consisting of a large, highly qualified, and mobile national network of regulatory professionals who have been exclusively assisting insurance regulators throughout the United States and its territories since our founding in 1987. INS is one of the largest providers of regulator-only actuarial support services and is the first of its kind. INS is well known, well established, and well respected within the insurance regulatory community. INS primarily provides actuarial support on rate and form filing reviews, risk-focused examinations, and rehabilitation/liquidation services to regulatory agencies.
The INS Companies’ mission has always been to provide superior professionals to produce the highest quality deliverables in all areas of insurance regulation for our regulatory clients.
Our core values center on the highest standards of excellence and integrity. Simply put “we do the right thing” by our clients and internal teams. We believe that our ability to service clients is a privilege and we understand that this requires a continual, uncompromising commitment to service, quality, collaboration, and will win. These values guide how we work together as a team and with our clients. Most importantly, our values help us establish meaningful relationships with our clients that build trust while solving critical client issues.
How to Apply