Operations Project Manager
INS is seeking an experienced Property and Casualty Actuary to join our team.
The Property/Casualty Actuary will be responsible for actively participating in client engagements, collaborating with colleagues, and completing work within specified time frames. Overall, the Property/Casualty Actuary will support the Chief Property/Casualty Actuary, Senior Actuaries, and Partners in providing actuarial and consulting services to our regulatory clients. This is a fully remote position that offers reasonable working hours flexibility and an attractive work-life balance.
- Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS/FCAS)
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- Meet the General or Specific Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States
- At least 10 years of property/casualty actuarial experience; strong preference for actuarial pricing and reserving experience
- Proven ability to recognize/diagnose issues, work in teams, and leverage firm resources to address client challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior ability to collaborate with other actuaries and colleagues across all levels of the firm, including senior management
- Strong interpersonal, project management, presentation, and organizational skills
- Participate in client relationships and manage multiple consulting client engagements
- Develop thorough actuarial analyses and document the results through written reports and detailed work papers
- Evaluate insurance company reserves, reserving practices, and the work of insurance company Appointed Actuaries for compliance with state requirements and with Actuarial Standards of Practice
- Develop independent estimates of insurance company reserves
- Evaluate the actuarial soundness of insurance company rate and rule filings submitted to states
- Contribute to the development of new tools and approaches
- Coordinate and work with others to ensure client needs are fulfilled and completed according to clients’ schedules
- Serve as an actuarial subject matter expert in connection with state insurance department risk-focused financial condition examinations and insurance company rate and rule filings
- Possess working knowledge of statutory accounting principles and procedures, and NAIC examination guidelines
We offer competitive pay, medical, dental and life insurance, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, vacation time, and employer percentage match on retirement contributions.
About the INS Companies
INS Consultants, Inc. (INS) and its related companies, INS Regulatory Insurance Services, Inc. and INS Services, Inc., (collectively The INS Companies) are a regulatory consulting group consisting of a large, highly qualified, and mobile national network of regulatory professionals who have been exclusively assisting insurance regulators throughout the United States and its territories since our founding in 1987. INS is one of the largest providers of regulator-only actuarial support services and is the first of its kind. INS is well known, well established, and well respected within the insurance regulatory community. INS primarily provides actuarial support on rate and form filing reviews, risk-focused examinations, and rehabilitation/liquidation services to regulatory agencies.
The INS Companies’ mission has always been to provide superior professionals to produce the highest quality deliverables in all areas of insurance regulation for our regulatory clients.
Our core values center on the highest standards of excellence and integrity. Simply put “we do the right thing” by our clients and internal teams. We believe that our ability to service clients is a privilege and we understand that this requires a continual, uncompromising commitment to service, quality, collaboration, and will to win. These values guide how we work together as a team and with our clients. Most importantly, our values help us establish meaningful relationships with our clients that build trust while solving critical client issues.
How to Apply